During the roaring 20's, Kansas City had blossomed into a modern city complete with a bustling downtown where nearly every available lot was quickly snapped by a variety of businessmen. With three major interstates converging through the middle of downtown, "Campbell Curve" became the hot spot to establish a lumber company for commercial clients.
It was then that Albert Tamm and A.O.Thompson teamed up to form their own company, A.O. Thompson Lumber Company. From six yards, lumber was delivered by horse and wagon until trucks became the mainstay in the 30's. In 1950, Albert set forth to make this company stand above the competition with top notch customer service and providing "Tamm Good Lumber."
Thereafter, Ercell Arney came on board and over time became a primary partner. As fate would have it, lighting struck the electrical system in the lumber shed one Sunday morning in August of '62. However, the Albert Tamm Lumber Company continued to grow and prosper. As time went by, ownership changed hands to Mr. Arney and partners, yet the renown Albert Tamm name remained.
Today in the 21st century, Albert Tamm Lumber Company continues as a well-known and respected lumber business among its competitors and its customers. Commercial construction and renovation companies rely on Tamm Lumber Company's dedication to their customers and quality products.
Ercell's son, Don now heads up the yard along with many dedicated employees who...like to work there. All involved continue a long standing tradition of having a vested interest in its future and will continue for generations to come.
These are just a few of the more historical construction/renovation projects during which Albert Tamm Lumber Company provided materials and helpful advice:
|© 2008, Albert Tamm Lumber Company. All rights reserved. World rights reserved.|